With all Ionizers
Vesta GL 9-Plate
Kangen and Enagic
Misunderstandings and Answers
Recently there has been a lot of talk about the unique and health-giving benefits of a type of treated water being described as kangen and the new MLM company Enagic ®.
Enagic Corporation of Japan is the owner of US registered trademarks KANGEN WATER and ENAGIC ® . This interest in kangen, in the USA, coincided with a push into the alkaline water market by the MLM (Multi Level Marketing) company Enagic ®. Enagic corporation has been doing a fantastic job of introducing the concept of alkaline and acid water to many people who otherwise would not know about the wonderful, healthful benefits of alkaline and ionized water.
This article is written with the intention to address some of what is been said on other web sites and in public meetings regarding the treated water known as KANGEN, so that customers wanting the best value for their money, are able to make an informed opinion about Kangen and Enagic ® water ionizers models, without the misunderstanding.
Misunderstanding Issue One: Kangen produced by Enagic ® Corporation’s water ionizers is different from alkaline, ionized water produced from other manufacturers' water ionizers.
Answer: Enagic ® water ionizers produce the same type of alkaline and acidic water in that their machines contain a filter and ionizing chamber just like all other alkaline water ionizers.
The ionizing chamber in an Enagic ® brand basically uses the same technology as do all other water ionizers to split the water into acid and alkaline streams. Kangen is taken as simply another name for ionized, alkaline water. Nowhere will you be able to find a definition of kangen that is different than alkaline water made from a typical ionizer because there is not any.
In trying to make a difference where there is none, one Enagic® representative's web site trys to describe Kangen by saying, "technically, in order to be classified as Kangen Water ®, it needs to show a negative ORP (-ORP) in the range of -200mV to -450mV, while typical Ionized Alkaline Water shows anywhere between +100mV and -100mV, depending on the quality of the machine…".
Even most water ionizers from China can get at least a -250mV ORP reading (and it should be noted that IonLife’s and Jupiter ionizers can get over -800mV ORP.)
That been said, Enagic ® through its MLM is doing a fantastic job of introducing the concept of alkaline and ionized water to people who otherwise would not know about it.
Misunderstanding Issue Two: Kangen is better than alkaline, ionized water.
Answer: No, they are basically the same thing as discussed above. There are two ways the quality of kangen or alkaline water are measured - by how acid or alkaline the water becomes (pH) and by how much ionization occurs (ORP).
For example, independent tests carried out by ex Enagic ® representatives (concerned about the high prices been charged), showed that the Jupiter Science Melody produced as high an ORP (negative ionization) as did the tested Enagic® model. Also when salt was added to the calcium port in the Melody, it produced a stronger acidic water than that achieved by the tested Enagic ® machine.
Unfortunately when there are very high prices there can also be a need to justify the difference - such as in the following comment from an independent representative's website:
"This water technology is practically non-existent outside Japan. ... Even worse, there are some people who are trying to sell (the) cheaper Ionized Alkaline Water machines as if they were at the same or a similar level as with the Kangen Water ® machines, only cheaper."
Misunderstanding Issue Three: Some Enagic ® representatives' websites claim that their Enagic ® units and kangen are recognized and approved by the Japanese Health Department, unlike all other ionizers.
Answer: In the 1980s the Japanese Health Department recognized that ionized alkaline water from water ionizers had proven health benefits and described water ionizers as health devices.
Major Korean corporations who also manufacture in Japan such as Hyundai, LG and Samsung use standard Jupiter Science parts to manufacture their own ionizers and all have approval from the Japan Ministry of Health.
We challenge anyone to be able to produce a document or page from any government web site that say specifically that their water ionizers were the only ones approved as Health Devices by the Japanese Government.
Below are examples of comments from an Enagic ® web site and ones that are often voiced.
"The Enagic ® is approved by The Japan Ministry of Health, as a top quality medical device" or "Enagic ® units and kangen water ® are recognized and approved by the Japanese Health Department".
Misunderstanding Issue Four: The well known authorities on ionized water endorse or recommend Enagic ® ionizers rather than other ionizers.
Answer: The best known authorities in the USA such as Dr. Robert Young (author of The pH Miracle), Dr. Theodore Baroody (author of Alkalize or Die), and Sang Whang (author of Reverse Aging) all recommend and sell Jupiter Science water ionizers because they want to give their customers high quality kangen or alkaline water ionizers at an honest price. Other well know alkaline authorities that endorse and use Jupiter Science water ionizers include Daniel Reed (author of The Tao of Detox), Harald Tietze (author of Youthing) and Ian Hamilton (author of The Untold Truth...).
Misunderstanding Five: Kangen or Enagic ® ionizers cost more than Jupiter Science water ionizers because they are better.
Answer: No, expensive is not better.
The Jupiter Melody is priced just over $1000 and offers some important user friendly features that may be missing with the Enagic ® products (see below). Certain alkaline water ionizers are better and stronger than others and the Enagic ® range of ionizers are decent, good models. Our models offer features not necessarily found in competing water ionizers but when you have a MLM company that pays eight levels down you have to create an artificially high price because Enagic ® and up to eight representatives need to make money from every single sale. It is estimated that Enagic ® pays out well over $2000 on each ionizer sale to its downline (and this does not include the profit made by the company itself). The highest retail price you pay for a Jupiter water ionizer is less than $1500. You do the math.
MLM "reps" typically do not have a thorough technical understanding of the properties of kangen, ionization and how the two together produce health benefits. In Multi Level Marketing (MLM), there are exceptions; reps who have really rolled up their sleeves and educated themselves, but the fact remains there can be a lot of "bogus" information fed to people who have been to MLM presentations. Going to a few MLM presentations does not make one an expert in something, especially something as complex and technical as ionization. MLM "reps" can be innocently fed misinformation and led to believe in half truths. Then these misinformed "reps", who are motivated by the MLM dream, go forth and perpetrate these inaccuracies and mislead naïve customers into falsely thinking they are getting something of great value. The price of Enagic ® models has more to do with compensating the Enagic ® MLM reps than the actual cost or the comparative technology inherent in their ionizers. To verify that, simply ask Enagic ® about their compensation plan and see how much money is paid to the various levels of the network organization when one machine is sold.
Misunderstanding Six: Enagic ® Corporation of Japan has been marketing "Kangen Water ®" ionizers for 30 years.
Answer: Our research has led us to believe that what became the Enagic ® brand was initially manufactured by Toyo Metal a/k/a Toyo Aitex who recently sold marketing rights to Enagic ® (also called the Thohan Kiden organization). Toyo Metal water ionizer were called the Apex, Pure Porte 11 or Protec units and these early models were manufactured by and sold for less than $1000 in the USA.
A company called HydroAnalytics previously imported, distributed and did hands-on repairs on this unit from Japan for the US, Western Hemisphere and European market before it was withdrawn from the US market, presumably due to lack of market penetration. In Japan the Thohan Kiden organization manufactures units, that are not sold through the Enagic ® Corporation of Japan for similar prices to other alkaline water ionizer in the US market.
* Filtration: Jupiter's Biostone filtration system is available in 1 micron and .01 micron levels of filtration. Both options have coral calcium and tourmaline to improve performance (Enagic ® does not have a .01 Biostone or the Calcium or Tourmaline). The replacement filter for the Jupiter Biostone filter is also set at an honest retail price.
* Installation: the Jupiter Melody can be installed three ways including undersink and directly to the cold water line.
* Functionality: the Jupiter Melody has increased functionality in terms of a flow control valve that operates independently of the tap (Enagic ® flow is controlled by tap). Jupiter's two latest models (better quality than the Melody) have a fully automatic valve system. The more advanced Jupiter models also have an LCD control panel screen which has various readouts and alarms.
* Cleaning: the Jupiter Melody, and the two latest models have a patented reversible chamber so you can ALWAYS get alkaline or kangen water even while the machine is cleaning (with Enagic ® models you have to wait while unit is cleaning).
* Performance: the Jupiter Melody in side by side comparisons has been proven to be at least equal to the Enagic ® Levelluk DX II. Jupiter's latest two models the Aquarius and Orion, being stronger than the Melody, will most likely outperform Enagic ® (not tested yet against Enagic ®). All Jupiter Science ionization plates and chambers are made in Japan. Jupiter's research laboratory in Japan employs over 10 PHDs to ensure that Jupiter continue to led the way in technological innovation. Jupiter also manufactures in Japan large commercial water ionizers (up to $500,000) that
are sent to companies around the world.
* Cutting Edge Technology: Jupiter's latest models have new patented features to further distinguish them in value and capability. Features like:
1) the new mesh plating (increases surface area of electrode creating a stronger water). This means that Jupiter is able to achieve a higher ORP and pH output without having to increase the size of the plates. Larger and more plates means more electricity and more wear. As in all advanced electronic technologies - the size of the components decrease over time, not increase. There are a number of new ionizer companies (especially from China) who boast that their plate sizes are larger - in electronics larger is not necessarily better.
2) a new patented SOL automatic valve system to optimize ORP at lower levels of pH (Enagic ® doesn't have a valve other than the tap!)
3) the new patented DARC cleaning system which eliminates mineral deposits ensuring more power and longer plate life.
* Manufacturing Standards: Jupiter's parent company makes Medical Equipment and Jupiter has been manufacturing ionizers since 1982. Jupiter manufactures in a state of the art ISO 9001 certified and ionizer-dedicated plant (they do not make anything else). ISO is the world-recognized certification for quality standards in manufacturing (see: www.iso.org). Certification is very expensive and time consuming. Jupiter products are additionally CE, UL and RoK2 certified.
* Reliability: Jupiter has the lowest return rate for service in the industry (less than 1%). When something does need repair, we have two repair and fulfillment facilities on both coasts ensuring prompt service.
* Good Looks: Jupiter machines (particularly the latest models) are sophisticated, stylish and contemporary looking.
* Support: All units come with a half hour DVD that shows how to install and get the best alkaline or kangen water out of your ionizer. They also come with a free DVD (that cost over $40,000 to produce) on the benefits of alkaline water. Professional, trained staff are available to answer any questions.
* Value: When you buy a Jupiter Science ionizer, you buy top quality at an honest, retail price.
Comparison: Enagic/Kangen LevelLuk with Jupiter/IonLife Ionizers
To compare with latest Jupiter models Click Here